Home

Saturday, December 10, 2011

My Experience With Ottawa Honda Pre Owned

In early 2011 I purchased a used vehicle from Ottawa Honda Pre Owned located at 1075 Richmond Rd in Ottawa. I dealt with Clarence D'Silva and he was a pretty seemingly nice guy to deal with. The vehicle I purchased appeared to be in good shape and drove nice. Clarence assured me the paint was all original on several occasions throughout our conversations. We made a deal and I purchased it. About 2 weeks later I was washing and waxing the car. Upon closer attention I noticed the rear portion of the car was repainted. You could clearly see 'orange peel' in the paint and 'fish eyes' from a poor paint job. On a hunch, I contacted Ottawa Honda's collision center conveniently located at 1075 Richmond rd. I provided them with my VIN number and they told me they had this vehicle in for a body repair and that some panels had been repainted by them.

When I discovered this I contacted Clarence D'Silva told him about what I found. I then brought the vehicle in and showed Rick Saunders (Manager) and Clarence. They agreed that it appeared repainted. Rick Saunders the Manager of Ottawa Honda Pre Owned said it 'probably had some scratches blown in' and some 'paint touch ups here and there'. He was, in so many words, telling me what happened to the car, but not admitting anything. Rick Saunders has been selling cars for a long time and knows the laws very well.

After our conversation they offered to exchange the car for something else on their lot. All of which had cosmetic flaws and were clearly abused. I declined another car from them and they refused to refund my money.

I contacted OMVIC who governs used car sales and let me tell you they are useless and don't really care.

So like so many others I was left with a vehicle that has had some kind of body damage, was lied to and now own a car not worth the $20 000 I paid for it.

How any human being can sit in front of a family and not be honest with them in order to make a few hundred bucks is beyond me.

This site is intended to educate other potential Ottawa Honda Clients and provide them with information they need in order to purchase a car from Ottawa Honda Pre Owned. $20 000 is a lot of money for any family and you should be entitled to a 'straight' car for that money - unfortunately not at Ottawa Honda Pre Owned - for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment